Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Mail Keeps Coming - Commissioned at Presbytery

Yesterday, June 10, 2008, Heartland Presbytery met at South-Broadland Presbyterian Church . Those commissioners who were elected to attend General Assembly were commissioned during the worship portion of yesterday's meeting. It sort of makes it official.

Meanwhile the mail keeps coming. The official mail from the Office of the General Assembly, and the mail from the groups who want to bend my ear to vote the way they want me to vote. I still have not completed my reading and I hope to do so this week.

I did note a postcard from a congregation indicating they were praying for me and all the other commissioners. I cannot begin to tell you how important I think that is and how much I appreciate those kinds of letters. I'll write more later.

No comments: