Monday, June 30, 2008

Back Home in the Heartland

I made it safely home from San Jose and my head is so full of thoughts and ideas and my emotions are all over the places. Being a General Assembly Commissioner, is truly a once in a life time opportunity. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and the experience of being a Commissioner, although tedious at times, it is an experience that I treasure having had. Now begins the big task of interpretation. I will not be sitting for days, listening, praying, reflecting, praying, and voting, but interpreting what happened when 750 Presbyterians from 173 Presbyteries got together in a big room in San Jose, worshiped together, prayed together, debated together and voted. Somehow in that process God's Spirit was moving and decisions were made and those decisions made some people mad and some people happy. I will need wisdom as I go about the job of interpretation.

The media, specifically the secular media, makes headlines that are meant to grab attention rather than convey fact.

As the incoming General Assembly Mission Council, Vice Chairperson, said in his blog, I'm still processing. As I process, I'll post more comments here...until then...let me process what happened.

No comments: