Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tuesday

Tuesday began early with me attending one of the General Assembly breakfasts. It was good to catch up with some old friends from when I was on staff in Louisville and meet some new people. The speaker at this particular breakfast really good and the sponsoring organization is probably going to merge with another like minded organization, which should strengthen both groups.

Worship in the Civic Auditorium was excellent. The pastor of All Nation's church in Minneapolis preached and shared the story of that congregation. What a wonderful example of church transformation where a dying anglo congreagtion joins en-mass this multi-cultural congregation and turns the keys to thier building over to this new church development which has members from many countries and languages. It reminds of the simple fact that we all fail to forget and that is that we are ALL GOD'S CHILDREN.

I also want to give a wonderful shout out to my presbytery's Stated Clerk. She ran out to get me a new power cord when mine went missing and brought it to me. Now I have two as my missing one turned up. This is not a bad thing. All is good and all will work out as I can now have one at the office and only need to bring the computer and not all the gear when I work at the church.

I went to the Company of Pastor's luncheon and the speaker was Michael Medville was excellent. Pastors need to not only love their congregations but the context in which they pastor. Helpful and practical advice. Met a really neat woman pastor who is doing some neat things in transforming her congregation in Florida.

The afternoon was spent sitting in committee meetings and then in my own committee (Bills and Overtures) meeting. I sat in on a smoothly running committee which made my work easy.

After the committee broke up I went to dinner with the contingent of people from my Presbytery at a resturant chosen by the Executive Presbyter, La Pastaia in the Hotel De Anza. Good food, good company, and a nice walk back to the hotel from the resturant. Met some people from the Presbytery that I knew their names but not their faces.

No comments: